Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technology CC
Emergency Management/GIS Department | 3 CC - Certificate of Completion | 6 months
Clackamas Community College’s Geographic Information Systems Technology program will help you map out the landscape using the latest in geographical technology.
Join the world of geography where you'll get to know the lay of the land with GIS using cutting-edge geographic technology such as drones to create aerial photography and video. You'll also use GPS and GIS software to create 3D maps, utilize programming languages such as Python to write scripts and more. You'll gain field experience while learning the fundamentals of math and electronics.
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Technology Core Requirements
Complete the following Core Requirements
- Principles of Geospatial Technology
- Introduction to Geographic Information Systems
- Intermediate Geographic Information Systems
- Cartography and Map Making
- Data Collection & Application
- Introduction to Programming for GIS
- Remote Sensing