Administrative Supervisor: John Ginsburg
Invite CCC students, staff and faculty to learn more about transportation options; respond to questions about transportation to, from, and between CCC campuses (Oregon City, Harmony and Wilsonville); assemble and deliver information to students and departments; and identify other opportunities for outreach and partnership.
- Set up and staff tabling/sign up events at CCC campuses.
- Represent CCC in a positive, responsible and professional way.
- Assist with event planning and implementation including developing event ideas, gathering supplies, promoting events via social media and emails, staffing events and helping clean up.
- Coordinate with partners on planning events.
- Help students, staff and faculty access information and resources to try new travel options.
- Help CCC students understand travel choices impact on finances, the environment and health.
- Answer travel related questions, including carpooling, TriMet bus system and bicycling options.
- Maintain good customer service communications in person and via email.
- Develop and maintain interested student email list.
- Advise on effective marketing strategies, communication tone, style, language, etc. to communicate with students.
- Develop and deliver information packets on new transportation options to students and departments.
- Develop and deliver carpool incentives to participating students.
- Assist with evaluation data gathering as needed.
- Data entry and management of spreadsheets to confirm who has received transportation materials.
- Data entry and management of online database to determine, which students are eligible for carpool incentives and track delivery of incentives.
- Act as the liaison with the Associated Student Government to ensure transportation outreach and events are in compliance with CCC and ASG policies.
- Advise on overall campaign to increase effectiveness for communication with students.
- Marketing, outreach and event planning
- Customer service and professional communication skills
- Coordination with internal departments and external partners
- Database management
- Program development and evaluation
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Financial spreadsheets, receipts and reimbursement
Qualifications specific to this position
- Comfortable speaking with the public; has a friendly personality.
- Can communicate effectively with all types of people.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and basic data entry and email.
- Works well in a team and fosters team spirit.
- Enthusiasm about transportation options and helping members of the public.
- A general interest in promoting biking, walking, transit and carpooling.
- Prompt, punctual and reliable.
- Detail oriented.
- Preferred familiarity with and personal experience using transportation options to and around the CCC campuses.
- Preferred experience working with diverse communities, including communities of color and non-native English speakers.
- Preferred experience teaching and/or conducting public outreach.